Electrical Engineering Technician
Company: Chenega Corporation
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Electrical Engineering Technician Bethesda, MD Join our Talent
Network Overview The Electrical Engineering Technician assists
NAVFAC WASH with performance of electrical engineering statement of
work development. The Electrical Engineering Technician is familiar
with both Design-Bid-Build and Design-Build, delivery methods for
projects, and should have the ability to estimate
design/construction efforts of scopes of works and assist the
Contracting Officer in the negotiations of statements of work with
the General Contractor. The Electrical Engineering Technician can
review contractor submittals and respond to requests for
- Responsible for providing guidance and consultation for
electrical power distribution, lighting, and telecommunications
- Responsible for performing inspections and developing studies,
designs, construction documents.
- Perform on-site field inspections of on-going construction
- Assist the construction manager in monitoring the status of
construction progress for quality and timeliness of construction on
contracts that involve technically complex electrical system
- Review plans and specifications for complex electrical systems
in such facilities as hospitals, power plants, geothermal heat,
plating shop projects and other sophisticated projects involving
complex and highly technical electrical equipment and systems.
- Review and recommend approval of shop drawings, samples of
materials and components, catalog information, and certificates of
- Other duties as assignedQualifications
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- 5+ years of experience is required in the field of designing
and producing electrical facility design drawings and
- Background check required with the ability to obtain an interim
secret or secret clearance, prior to hire and start.Knowledge,
Skills and Abilities:
- Certified as a Master Electrician is a plus.
- Substantial knowledge and practical application of electrical
design concepts, theories, principles, practices, and techniques
necessary to plan, design, construct, and maintain a wide range of
shore based engineering projects.
- Have a thorough knowledge of electrical systems, which include
progressively difficult substantial experience in this filed.
- Ability to function independently, interpreting, adapting, and
supplementing this knowledge as necessary to complete the task,
test, or project.
- Knowledge of DoD and Navy guide specifications, criteria and
policy, industry codes and standards, and standard practices as
related to electrical engineering design including the NFPA 70
(National Electrical Code), IEEE C2 (National Electrical Safety
Code), and the International Building Code.
- Knowledge of Design-Bid-Build (DBB) and Design-Build (DB)
Contracts.Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is
frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel
and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally
required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or
crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision.Work Environment: (The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled
office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme
cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or
airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud
noise.Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an Equal
Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual
Orientation/Gender IdentityNative preference under PL 93-638.We
participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.M#Join
our Talent Network
Keywords: Chenega Corporation, Bethesda , Electrical Engineering Technician, Professions , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!