Mechanical Construction Superintendent
Company: Marathon TS
Posted on: January 24, 2023
As a Mechanical Construction Superintendent
- Be responsible for the professional quality, technical
accuracy, and the coordination, including inter-discipline
coordination, of all designs, drawings, specifications, and other
services furnished by the contractor under this contract.
- Represent the FEAD/ROICC at the construction site and monitor
the construction Contractor Quality Control (CQC) to assure they
are achieving quality work.
- Monitor and notify Project Superintendent or QC Manager and
government staff immediately of safety violations.
- Notify the government Construction Manager (CM), Contracting
Officer (KO), and the FEAD/ROICC if the contractor does not correct
a hazardous working condition or a continuing safety issue in a
timely or acceptable manner.
- Report all accidents immediately to the Construction Manager,
FEAD/ROICC office, and Contracting Officers.
- Notify CM and KO of any situation that may result in a
construction contract dispute, modification, or require a stop work
order to be issued to the construction contractor.
- Investigate, inspect, and perform Quality Assurance of the
construction contract/CQC system and coordinate resolution of
- Provide input to the CM concerning the construction
contractor's performance at the end of the project in a written and
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required
- 5+ years of specialized experience in mechanical and plumbing
schematic design and design development, evaluation of new and
existing commercial facilities, and industrial and health care
facilities, like the building types prevalent in the NAVFAC
Washington area of responsibility
- Design and technical competence with developing and production
of complete Statements of Works, including drawings and
specifications for new and renovation projects
- Extensive technical and practical knowledge and experience as a
Mechanical Engineering Technician
- Interim or secret clearance required, prior to hire and
- The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved
accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or
- Thorough knowledge of the construction contract requirements on
each definable feature of work and recommend changes or corrective
action as necessary.
- Knowledge of both Design-Bid-Build and Design-Build delivery
methods for projects.
- Ability to estimate design/construction efforts of scopes of
works and assist the Contracting Officer in the negotiations of
statements of work with the General Contractor.
- Ability to review contractor submittals and respond to requests
for information (RFI's).
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical systems, including
progressively difficult substantial experience in this
- Ability to function independently, interpreting, adapting, and
supplementing this knowledge as necessary to complete the task,
test, or project.
- Knowledge of and experience with the physical and mathematical
sciences underlying professional mechanical engineering and a good
understanding, both theoretical and practical of the engineering
science techniques and their application to evaluate and implement
engineering decisions and practice engineering skills.
- Knowledge of mechanical systems effort and extensive hands on
experience in a variety of mechanical systems projects, including
boiler operations, chiller performance and retrofit, vertical
transportation systems, and pumps/motors and utility
- Thorough knowledge of construction practices and methods as
well as construction management.
- Ability to review technical engineering specifications and
statements of work covering complex and diverse engineering designs
- Thorough knowledge of QC inspection tools, techniques, and
- Knowledge of principles of construction technology and
construction industry practices
- Knowledge of EM 385-1-1, US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE),
Safety and Health Requirements Manual.
- Have good working knowledge of AUTOCAD.
- Ability to design DDC control systems, including production of
the sequences of operation, point lists, and control
- Have working knowledge of the SpecIntact and ability to produce
and edit specification for design projects.
- Have working knowledge of the latest UFCs, UFGS, NFPA,
International Mechanical and Plumbing Codes.
- Have practical experience with construction site visits and
ability to produce field progress reports as needed.
- Ability to provide engineering solutions (can the ET provide
engineering solution to problems or recommend solutions to the ME
for considerations?) to problems when requested by the
- Ability to communicate effectively through oral and written
Marathon TS is committed to the development of a creative, diverse
and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal
employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals,
employment decisions at Marathon TS will be based on merit,
qualifications, and abilities. Marathon TS does not discriminate
against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex,
national origin, disability, age or any other characteristic
protected by law (referred to as "protected status").
Keywords: Marathon TS, Bethesda , Mechanical Construction Superintendent, Professions , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!